Monday, February 01, 2010

R&R at Marshall's


After making it through an hour at the gym for the first time in a while, I decided to treat myself to a trip to Marshall's, in honor of the fact that I finally seem back to health.  I still have an occasional scary cough, but essentially I am well and no longer contagious.

It wasn't that I needed anything at all, especially not anything to clutter up my recently cleaned out pantry and kitchen.  But that is the department I head to immediately upon entering the store.

You can see the entire purchase above, all $57 of it.  I can only feel proud if I tell myself it would have cost $114 at full price.

Here are a few close-ups of the goods.  I didn't bother with the tea this time.



Every other day in my life is an "egg day."  I look forward to watching that yellow yolk run out of my fried egg and sopping it up with good toast.  This tiny skillet (about 4" across) guarentees the perfect fried egg.  And the cute little chicken face on the handles perfectly matches the handle of my favorite mini-whisk from Hill's Kitchen.



This rainbow wooden bowl was the high-ticket item at $15.  It matches the two wooden spoons a good friend had brought me from Thailand several years ago.  I've never had the right thing to use them with and now I do.



Olive oil flavored with truffle seemed a perfect ingredient for risotto.  I get a kick out of using flavored olive oils of all sorts, so I will add this tiny bottle to my stash and look for a good recipe calling for truffle oil.



We have been in need of a table-size pepper grinder since I co-opted our pepper grinder for Borsari salt.  This one at $4 seemed the perfect answer.



This much pure Canadian maple syrup for $6 was too hard to pass up. I hardly ever use it, but it does taste great on the occasional weekend pancakes.



I keep buying my new favorite shampoo and conditioner every time I go to Marshall's because I'm fairly sure the company is out of business and when these hair products are gone, that's the end of them.

Obviously it doesn't take much to make my day.  Instead of splurging on a gourmet lunch in the company of friends, I treated myself to gourmet at Marshall's.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Congratulations on both feeling good enough for the gym and finding great buys!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Rayna said...

AH, shopping is such good therapy - it calms you when you're stressed and energizes you when you're tired. Good move! And it looks like you've got some great deals.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

I didn't know Marshall's has household stuff -- I thought it was all clothes. Love that wooden bowl!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Kellyann Brown said...

We have used part truffle oil to pop popcorn... devine!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home