Friday, January 22, 2010

Ouch!


Yesterday it was a headache.  Today added a very sore throat.  It must be a virus.  Whatever it is, I am grounded at least for the morning.

It seems like a day to stay in my pajamas and drink tea while the rain continues to slowly fall outside.

Most illnesses like this require patience, not pills.  So I will tell myself that when it’s ready, this virus will move on and my body will resume its healthy existence.

Meanwhile I will sit around and ponder things like how to hang the vision board I made on my trip to Chicago.  I’m convinced that the year will bring clarity to many of the words I included on that board.

I love jasmine tea.  It doesn’t even need milk or honey to make it delicious and soothing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cyndy said...

Oh no! I hope it's just the one day kind. It is a crappy day out though so you have the perfect excuse to stay in and enjoy your tea all day. Feel better soon!

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo! I hope you feel better soon! Perhaps you picked up a stowaway bug in Chicago.

I guess this is "a break" of a different sort -- from routine, chores, the activities that fill your days...time to rest and let your body do its healing magic.

Sending you virtual chicken soup!!

XO,

F.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Cyndy -- I'm trying a natural remedy of gargling with salt water, which seems to help. I have a feeling it's a cold which is taking its time to make my nose run.

Anon -- I can almost taste that virtual chicken soup. I may have to make some to take full advantage of it though.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Rayna said...

Bleh - just take good care of yourself and
rest. While you're at it, read a good book if you have one.
Hugs.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

Oh no! Here's hoping you feel better soon! :)

6:29 AM  
Blogger Pauline said...

honey, lemon, a shot of whiskey and you won't care if you have a sore throat ;) Feel better soon!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home