Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rolling Toward Spring


Who would have ever thought you could do an entire workout on a Pro-Roller?  I spent the first 30 minutes of my hour with my trainer Emily learning how to work many parts of my body as I roll across the floor on this hard foam cylinder.  I was exhausted and quite ready to move on to free weights after that.



As I was out on the deck taking a picture of the pansies, I noticed Jake doing the same thing with his beloved kong.  He regularly works his shoulders and upper back by rolling around on his kong.  And he didn’t even need a trainer to demonstrate. 



Back inside he was only too happy to let me have the Pro-Roller while he rested up from the hard work of fetching his kong on a beautiful almost-spring day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I'm sure there's some sort of old dog teaching you a few tricks joke in there but I can't seem to figure it out. Sounds like a good workout anyway!

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, he is so-o-o cute! What a sweet wriggle-pup.

I remember when the foam rollers first became a physical therapy modality (also the big inflatable balls). I learned so much working in that world (so grateful!). Now those rollers and balls are everywhere, and for good reason!

I also often "roll around" on two taped-together tennis balls...

F.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home