Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Boltbus with no frills




Our $17.50 (each) bus was 20 minutes late getting under way. There was no free bottled water. We were greeted by a sign that said "Internet not working -- Boltbus apologizes". Not exactly an auspicious start. Oh, and did I mention I was sitting in a seat with a 300-pound woman who spent most of the trip talking on her cell phone?

The trip was actually fine. The driver made up the lost 20 minutes. My seat mate never took up more than 2/3 of the seat. And my tuna sandwich from home was comforting, especially since there were no stops.

We are now enjoying our daughter's spacious apartment in Washington Heights. She is out to the farmers' market to get a few things for dinner.

So far the only thing I forgot to pack was my camera cable. At least I can still connect my iPhone. Electronic challenges!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Fort Washington Ave,New York,United States

5 Comments:

Anonymous jamy said...

I'm excited to read about your adventure! I'm sure you can find a replacement camera cable (or card reader, if it was the cable to transfer the pics) in NYC, home of a multitude of electronics shops. I'm sure you'll leave that to David. :)

My mom was born in Washington Heights. I've walked around there a few times--it's really pretty. Enjoy!

5:22 PM  
Anonymous jamy said...

PS Have you visited The Cloisters? (http://www.metmuseum.org/works_of_art/the_cloisters). I recommend it if you have time.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I'm sorry about the start but it sounds like all turned out well! (I'm actually a huge fan of Bolt, but it really, really helps when the plugs and wifi are working.)

Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

So you are on your way! How exciting. Have a fantastic adventure.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

I second the comment about The Cloisters. Go if you can!

I can't imagine Bolt Bus without Internet! That was my favorite part of using Bolt!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home