Monday, August 09, 2010

My Bags are Packed


Sometimes when I’m playing music with Deborah, she will say “Here’s a measure for nothing and then we will play” in order to set the tempo.  Today was like a day for nothing as we waited mostly packed to leave tomorrow on our Thai adventure.
I went in to get my glasses adjusted so they wouldn’t keep falling down on my nose.  I cooked most of what was left in the refrigerator and threw out the rest.  I leisurely did my exercise regime.  I took a long nap.  Then I went to a final yoga class.  It wasn’t exactly for nothing, but it was a very slow day.
I can feel the anticipation building as I make a list of the last 5 things to do in the morning before we walk out the door.
I love the fact that we get to stop in NYC and see the apartment where our daughter lives while going to nursing school.  I will definitely try to squeeze in a bagel and a slice of the best pizza in the world before we head to JFK on Wednesday morning for our Cathay Pacific flight.  
Jake knows when the suitcases come out that we are leaving.  I don’t think he much cares because he likes hanging out with 4 other dogs at our neighbor’s house.  He likes eating Purina Dog Chow.  And he likes his regular walks with Sam.
So off we go into the wild blue yonder.  With any luck I will be posting from Thailand on my little iPad.  Stay tuned as we go halfway around the world to learn how to cook!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I'm so excited! I know we'll be traveling with you. Have a great time and let us know what you think and what you cook and how the world around you feels and looks, smells and sounds. (I'm sure we'll get the tastes.)

11:39 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Have a wonderful trip!

12:24 AM  
Blogger lacochran's evil twin said...

Have a fantastic adventure! Bon voyage!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

I join the rest in wishing you a wonderful, enjoyable and unforgettable trip!

Good for you! I am glad you are taking a trip like this! You are a good example for the rest of us -- or at least me!!

10:59 AM  
Blogger bozoette said...

What an adventure!! I know you'll have a great time and I'm looking forward to your posts.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Rayna said...

Have a great time! I'll be posting from England - not nearly as exotic.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Merle Sneed said...

Be safe and have fun.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home