Sunday, August 01, 2010

Shoe News



I had one of those DUH moments this week in terms of shoes.  I finally realized the problem I have had for the past year is because I have been trying to wear the wrong size!
For years I have worn a size 9, or a 40 in European sizes.  But when I went to The Walking Company this week and asked for a particular shoe in a size 40, all they had was a 41.  I decided to try it on anyway and suddenly realized my toes had a freedom they had been missing.  I could then buy some of those cushy socks, which makes me feel like I’m walking on a cloud.
Then the problems I had been having while trying to wear the above Merrell shoe began to make sense.  I went back to REI today, returned the size 40, and bought a 41.  The extra room makes all the difference in the world.
It’s probably not that my feet have actually grown, but rather that my orthotic inserts take up extra room.
Happy toes make for happy feet.  Happy feet are always good when it comes to walking.  And we are gearing up to walk all over Thailand!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pauline said...

Great looking shoes to take you walking all over Thailand! Toe wiggle room does indeed make all the difference.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy feet make for happy travel!

F.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Hurray for happy feet! Well-fitting shoes will make for a much better trip.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home