Friday, September 10, 2010

Gourmet Tea



Sometime during the past year I wrote about tea and got a great comment that I just acted on, proving that quality is worth paying for.  I can’t seem to find the post or the comment, but it was from Kevin, good friend of my Blogger pal Steve, who suggested I try teas from Adagio.
My goal over the past year was to use up all the miscellaneous tea that was taking up space in my kitchen cabinet.  I had done just that and had been shopping at Marshall’s as my supplier since then, never paying more than about $3 for a box/tin of tea.  It colored the hot water and added flavor, but there has not been much memorable in those cups of tea.
Then last week I got an offer from Adagio (following my purchase of a gift from that company), which said I would get 3 FREE tins if I bought 3 types of tea.  The lure of a freebie was just too great, so I spent quite a few minutes studying their website and making my choices.
I ended up with:
Each one of these has a delicate, but appealing aroma.  There is no bitterness.  And the blend of flavors is unique.  I like the fact that these loose teas give me a reason to use my little French press tea/coffee pot.
They may cost somewhat more than my bargain tea bags from Marshall’s, but the resulting cup of tea is worth the difference.  I figure at two cups a day I can probably afford to indulge myself!  And the little tins are very cute, don’t you think?

6 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wood said...

Glad you like the teas. I haven't tried any of the custom blends yet, but there are a lot of interesting mixes.

I've really been enjoying iced tea made from vanilla rooibos (red) tea...I've just about used up that tin!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Very cute, indeed, and it sounds well worth the increase in price.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Kevin -- Maybe I'll try one of the rooibos teas in my next order. They are always so refreshing.

Kristin -- I am a sucker for free stuff, even when know it's a come-on!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

There's nothing like a cup of really excellent tea! But I forget about tea most of the time because the average stuff is a lot less appealing to me than an average cup of coffee. And that's too bad, because tea is really good for you. Cute tins!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Pauline said...

I prefer tea to coffee so always have something good on hand. As I love black tea, my English friends keep me well supplied with both the bagged and loose variety. I've mixed green and white teas, too, when I need a change and have some flavored teas (peach is a favorite) for days when I want something lighter. PG Tips are a local store favorite.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Barbara. Life is way too short to drink colored hot water. 'Nuff said. :-)

F.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home