Thursday, November 18, 2010

In the name of security

The full-body scan that everyone else is up in arms about has proved to be my salvation. It understands my titanium hip with no alarms and no questions. It's just (my) hands overhead, as being demonstrated by this TSA employee, and then I am on my way.

It's far better than the groin-groping alternative in which no part is private. In the past 10 days I have experienced this version of protection multiple times after hearing that tell-tale alarm and the shout for "female assistant". It is time-consuming and aggravating for me and the embarrassed assistant, who always seems somewhat apologetic for having to use the back of her hand in all those sensitive places.

So bring on full-body imaging. Plaster my picture all over TSA-land, but keep your hands to yourself, OK?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 Comments:

Blogger e said...

I always tell them that I will set off their alarms, so always go through a pat down...

I hope your flight home is good.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

The new version of the "pat down" borders on being offensive and I'm not particularly modest. I can only imagine how disgusting it must seem to women who are more so.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I was randomly selected for this one time and it wasn't so bad. But there is a part of me that always thinks it is crazy that they might think I would do harm while I imagine the real culprit is waltzing through.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home