Monday, January 10, 2011

Pot pourri



I'm not sufficiently inspired to write anything thought-provoking, so I'll just share my current life in pictures.  The table above was set with my Norwegian dishes (which seldom come out of the China cabinet) in preparation for brunch with a couple of good friends prior to our going to see the Met simul-cast of La Fanciulla del West.

I received several very thoughtful gifts during the recent holiday-birthday season, including

a Japanese teaset

a tea-for-one teaset

and an olive crock.

Today I'm baking a mega-batch of Disgustingly Rich Brownies (that's the title of the recipe) for some special people in my life.


The closest thing to snow I have experienced is this beautiful silver snowflake made by 7-year-old Yauque at my last read-aloud with its theme of SNOW.  The real thing is rumored to be on its way for tomorrow.

6 Comments:

Blogger lacochran's evil twin said...

What a pretty table scape!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Pauline said...

mmmm - brownies, tea, snow! Sounds like a good combination to me!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

LA -- I do love the aesthetics of table setting!

Pauline -- The brownies got shipped off (except for the crumbs) and the snow hasn't arrived yet. But tea is always a good thing!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Excellent birthday and brownie goodies and a beautiful table! I love the colors.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Can you please send me that Brownies recipe? I have truly never come across one, and I LOVE to eat them. Most I would love to sit at YOUR table, though.
Haha, veri word is poterias. Yes, I like your pottery, too!

5:46 AM  
Blogger e said...

Your table looks beautiful, and I love the snow flake. Stay warm!

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home