Sunday, July 10, 2011

Puzzling





Imagine our disappointment at getting to the end of a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle and not having the very last piece. My friend Kris and I had worked too hard on Kauai Moonrise to have this happen. We felt cheated. We searched high and low to no avail. Then as she was getting ready to do laundry, Kris saw it on the floor of her closet, probably having gotten stuck to a piece of clothing. The hardest of puzzles was finally done.



Yesterday took us south to Poipu to escape the rain in the north and to see another part of the island. We spent the morning on a beautiful beach with waves far too big for me, but not for the surfers who were catching wave after wave.



By the afternoon a giant sea turtle had taken up residence on the beach. Within minutes, there was a around the large turtle so no one would disturb it.




For dinner we had reservations at at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu. The restaurant Tidepools was constructed around a series of freshwater and saltwater ponds. We had a very private table overlooking a large pond. They didn't even notice that we were full of salt and sand.



The ahi tuna was both beautiful and delicious.




Today we had the very unique experience of getting a massage outdoors. We went two at a time and had bodywork in this most unusual setting. We could hear the birds and feel the breeze and the warmth of the sun. It was the ultimate in relaxation overlooking the Wailua Valley.




It's hard to believe tomorrow is our last full day. We will probably go snorkeling one last time. We will have dinner with the parents of the bride. And then we will start home on Monday. These two weeks have gone entirely too fast.

I am really glad the last puzzle piece showed up.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Kauai

6 Comments:

Blogger Cyndy said...

It sounds like you all had a truly fabulous vacation in paradise!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

If losing a puzzle piece in paradise is the worst of your troubles then you are doing pretty fine. This seems like an amazing trip. I have the itch so badly to get out and see the world. I just wish my bank account matched my wanderlust.

1:03 PM  
Blogger e said...

I think I would love it out there, based on your photos...if only I could get away from the hospital...

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last photo of you on the massage table made me melt. I never got to work in such a beautiful environment when I was a practicing bodyworker -- wow!!

Safe travels home...

F.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

Glad you're having such a great time, and I'm glad you found the puzzle piece!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Pauline said...

What a fabulous way to relax and enjoy yourselves. DC will probably feel like a steam box when you return!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home