Thursday, August 18, 2011

Stein and Sushi







By today I had acclimated to the cold SF summer and was ready to embrace what the city had to offer. Most of the day focused on the art of Gertrude Stein and her family, but tonight was all about sushi.

One of my main reasons for coming was to visit the SFMOMA to see the extensive exhibit of the Stein family art. The numerous Picasos and Matisses were carefully curated to reveal the family's early passion for these artists and their contemporaries.

After lunch at the museum with my son and my long-time friend, we moved on to the Jewish Museum for another dose of Stein. She comes off as a Renaissance woman who was never afraid to question the system. Another excellent exhibit with a guided tour.






Tonight my son and I headed back to Tataki for another meal of extraordinary sushi, which began with the raw oyster in ponzu sauce, followed by an "extinguisher" roll (literally on fire) and a Tataki roll featuring 5 varieties of grilled fish.






Green tea ice cream mochi finished out the meal.






Now it's early to bed since the Super Shuttle will arrive between 3:45 and 4:00 am to take me to the airport. It was another good visit with someone I care deeply about.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Sacramento St,San Francisco,United States

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Reed said...

That's a fast visit! Glad you got to take in the Stein show. I remember seeing a photo of her taken in her Paris apartment and being very envious of her arty, booky lifestyle!

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home