Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Did I Get the Job (still My Job, that is)?

Toward the end of my weekly one-on-one with my young boss today, I just happened to ask if round #2 of the interviewing for the position I applied for had been scheduled. (I knew that she was supposed to complete the 21 interviews for round #1 last Monday.) She replied that there wouldn’t be a need for round #2, that she had made a decision. But instead of giving me any more information, she simply said that she was waiting to talk to her boss about it when she was back in the office.

I found myself feeling relieved until I realized that maybe it was definite that I didn’t get the job. Then I would really feel cheated not to have made it to a second round of interviewing! I also found myself really wanting this promotion a lot more that I had admitted previously.

Maybe the suspense will be over soon and I can tell the world. If I am “legitimized”, I will buy everyone who congratulates me a drink at the next Blogger happy hour! Promise...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Strike that. I meant "when."

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home