Friday, March 03, 2006

Eye Paint

As I eked out the last color from my tube of mascara this week, I enlisted the help of my husband to be my personal shopper. A while back I had forsaken my expensive MAC mascara which made my eyes look like whore eyes for a tube of Gabriel Color Mascara from Whole Foods. Here’s how our exchange went:

Husband: I’m going to Whole Foods today. Do you need anything?
Me: Oh good. I need some new mascara.
Husband: Yikes! I don’t know how to buy that!
Me: Here, take this empty tube and get one just like it.

Phone call later from him at Whole Foods –
Husband: They say they don’t carry mascara here. (I think he asked someone in the Produce Department.)
Me: Of course they do. Just go to the Whole Body Department and ask anyone who works there. Make sure to tell them it’s for me and not for you since we have very different coloring!

Later at home, as I see a tube of Ecco Bella Flowercolor Mascara, light brown on the kitchen counter –
Husband: I got your mascara. There were two choices – one was $22 and the other was $12. I went for the bargain. Hope it’s OK.
Me: (Hugs and kisses.) It will be fine!

For someone like me who knows so little about eye makeup, it is entirely fine. It even has a little mirror on the side. It’s nice to have a personal shopper who can buy even things he knows nothing about!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

This made me laugh out loud. It also reminded me of the time my husband mentioned he was going to CVS and did I need anything. I said I could use some emery boards. He did not call me instead he bought 5 different varieties figuring (I guess) one of them would be right! That was in 1995. I still have some left.

:-)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

This is really funny. Is this a bargain over MAC though?

4:12 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

You make me want someone to bumble through buying me personal products. It's just so sweet.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Kate -- Your husband probably didn't call you because in 1995 most people didn't carry a cell phone.

Velvet -- As I recall, the MAC mascara cost a lot more than $12.

Kristin -- He's good on details, always has been.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home