Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Other Woman

There is another woman in my husband’s life. She is bilingual – English and French with a perfect accent. He does everything she tells him to do. She has a sexy voice, but there is a certain mysterious quality about her. She’s with him every time he leaves to go anywhere. She is the voice in the GPS system on our new Prius. Had you going there, eh?

The truth is that he does trust this sexy female voice more than he trusts me to navigate in this city I have driven in for the past 35 years. And I have concluded that she always gets him to where he wants to go, but sometimes it is the most God-awful route. The other day we went at least 5 miles out of our way to go from Chain Bridge to where we live in Alexandria.

I sometimes wonder if this girl in the car doesn’t like me and therefore she jinxes me every time I try to drive that car. Remember the time when I was trying to drive home after the 6-1/2 hours marathon of folk music and I couldn’t get the car to go in reverse? It happened again recently. I never let her speak when I am driving, so I think she resents me.

I just have to laugh as we get out and shut the door and always leave Monique studying up on her maps for the next trip out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home