Friday, May 05, 2006

Looking for LOL



As I was driving to work I heard something on the radio about World Laughter Day, which happens to be this Sunday, and realized that I am way too serious most of the time.

There are really only 3 times when I laugh a lot – when I am drinking, when I am around one particular friend, and when I read Velvet-in-Dupont. Other than that, my laughter is only occasional and even my smiles are unintentionally rationed.

In the radio piece, someone postured that laughter could bring about world peace! Now that’s a stretch, but what the heck? Nothing else seems to be working. That same person mentioned that it takes a lot more work to frown than it does to smile and even to laugh.

If laugher is indeed the best medicine, give me a pill for LOL. I just want to laugh until the tears roll down my cheeks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I smile. A lot. But I don't laugh as much as I should. I'm going to work on that and will watch comedies all day Sunday. :)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I'm scared to know what has made you laugh now! But this is great. Thanks!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

If you don't LOL at my help in the kitchen Sunday, I will eat my hat!


K

1:07 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Kristin -- Comedies like the old I Love Lucy candy factory scenes are a definite LOL prescription. Enjoy your Sunday comedies.

Velvet -- You have this way of painting pictures of life on the edge that never fail to bring a smile to my face, if not a laugh. I especially liked the one about the three guy experiences, your uncle being my favorite.

Kate -- We will need some LOL material on Sunday as we prepare our brunch for 15. Yikes! Will someone remind me next year not to offer food in the TM auction? It always seems so far away when people bid, but then you have to deliver! Glad you're on for moral support or cooking or whatever on Sunday AM!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home