Thursday, April 27, 2006

Is That Really Jimmy?

I just looked out my window to see a lanky Jimmy L walking up the street smoking a cigarette in the presence of two very cute girls. Can this possibly be the same little kid I watched learn to swim at our neighborhood pool? Doesn’t he know that 16-year-old kids don’t need to be smoking cigarettes? It was much more fun watching him ride his skateboard up and down the street.

It's now 6:30 AM, the next day. I just looked out the same window to see the same Jimmy wearing a backpack walking up the street to catch the school bus. He's smoking again. I wonder if he ate breakfast before he had his first cigarette of the day. I wonder if the diminutive Jimmy is now Jim to his grown-up kid friends.

Would I know if my own kids smoked? Would I want to know?

1 Comments:

Blogger ernestmaitim said...

In my case, I would hate to know. Cause if I did get to know, I am given the burden of how to rightly deal with it.

And I am the lenient, devil-may-care type. Knowing that my kid smokes will definitely worry me, but honestly I don't even know if I can at least voice an opinion of concern to my kid. Although she's very independent, she has always been responsible all this time. I believe this is because I give her total freedom on how to lead her life.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home