Thursday, April 27, 2006

When Half Empty Becomes Half Full

I’ve had moments of downward spirals lately when I felt resentful that I still needed to work, when I was not particularly enjoying any of the many things I was doing, when I felt compelled to do things of necessity, but most of all when I just felt TIRED.

But suddenly yesterday those oh-so-negative feelings turned around and I was on top of my world once again. Was it because

– I had gotten my necessary 7-1/2 hours of sleep?

– I found out I get to go on a work trip to Brazil with the Director in May?

– I almost finished the ridiculous book club book?

– My boss and I had a substantive talk about how necessary it is to have something besides work in your life?

– My poison ivy is almost gone?

Perhaps I’ll never understand what triggers my mood barometer. But yesterday it started to swing toward the positive side once again. I am smart enough to know that this is temporary. But while it’s there, the world looks sweeter. (Deep breath) Ahhhh...

1 Comments:

Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

Brazil?? COOL!!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home