Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This

I am rarely in a bad mood, but today I woke up ready to bite everyone’s head off. On the way to work I was rehearsing any of a number of arguments I could have.

This was to be a half day of work, followed by a lunch for volunteers at Temple Micah, and then I planned to take the afternoon off to hang out with my husband who just came back from a trip out of town. So it was supposed to be a day of leisure from noon on.

Instead I got a message at work reminding me about a 6:30 meeting at Temple Micah for something I got coerced into doing. I had never heard about this meeting before today. What nerve, I said. Argh!

I’m anxious at work about something my staff completely botched earlier in the week and which is now overdue.

I sat in an hour-long meeting at work where they didn’t talk about a single thing of interest to me. What a waste of my time and the government’s money.

The afternoon plans that started out in my head as a trip to visit museums turned into taking in a movie, which then turned into just coming home.

I usually have competing ideas for something to write about, but I was hard pressed to come up with this drivel. There are some days when the glass is simply half empty.

Maybe I need to take a happy pill. Or maybe I just need a swift kick in the ass to remind me how good my life really is.

13 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Could all this negativity be because I have a dental appointment tomorrow morning, where I will be admonished once again for not flossing correctly or regularly? Guilty as charged.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Handing you a happy pill and a half-full glass of water to slug it down with :) Everyone's entitled to a grouse now and then. I've had those mental arguments you describe in my head, too. And guilt is only helpful it if makes you floss in the future, lol. Tomorrow will be better, or at least different.

4:40 PM  
Blogger honeykbee said...

Not quite so rare are my bad moods, but I too woke up this morning with a score to settle.

Here's to better tomorrows...

5:19 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

The bad days make us appreciate the good ones all that much more? I don't know. I'm out for bear a lot lately.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

It's the holidaze, a perfect time to be cranky if you ask me. My friend Rod loves to say "Ho fucking ho!" and "Merry Kiss My Ass" but of course he's in retail.

Tomorrow the moon turns, then Thursday the sun turns. Then another couple of weeks and the year will be over. Thank god! Bah humbug!!

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs. We all have days that we wish didn't happen.

I'm just thankful for the ones that I'm glad did. (prolly about as often as honeykbee has bad moods ;)

9:05 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Thanks, all, for your moral support. My happy pill turned out to be a feature by Travis on DC Blogs today. Proves that laughter is powerful good medicine!

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For another healthy dose of grins, go see Stuntmother's son Daniel's rendition of a couple of favorite Christmas tunes :)

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK bend over!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all get in bad moods from time to time and need to bitch and gripe in order to put it into perspective.

Eau d'pomme du terre?

9:30 AM  
Blogger Run Around Paris said...

Everyone has days like this...when things don't go our way or we're irritated by everything. The good thing is that the day is over and the holidays are here, so we can focus on family, friends and having fun!

Erin

11:28 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

When I am in that kind of mood (rare) I like to listen to I'm Ready".

6:20 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

It's probably just the time of year...you sound like you've been amazingly busy lately. Some time off coming soon will top up your glass.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home