Friday, March 09, 2007

I Hope No One Saw This

Just as I was about to drop the banana in the mailbox on the way to work, instead of the Netflix mailer, I realized that I am seriously DISTRACTED!

Maybe it was tossing and turning all last night. Maybe it was just an indication that my mind is often not on what I’m doing these days.

As I peeled my banana for a mid-morning snack, I was glad it hadn’t disappeared into the mailbox. Actually the surprised mail handler would never have known the identity of the nutcase who mailed it. But then I couldn’t eat a Netflix movie for a snack either.

Rescued just in the nick of time...



8 Comments:

Blogger bulletholes said...

Nothin' like "Bananas in your Mailbox", no?

12:48 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

laughing out loud at Steve!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

You're going through something really big. Take good care!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Steve, Kate -- I hate to tell you but I don't get it. Is that like "bats in your belfry"?

Reya -- I'm a little bummed because I just found out my Monday meeting got cancelled. I'm not exactly sure what's happening with your meeting, but call me anyway.

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's when you start eating the Netflix mailer at work that you have to really start worrying :-)

9:10 PM  
Blogger bulletholes said...

barbara- see the Gerge Carlin routine from an HBO special vintage mid 90's...also refering to my blog name!

8:04 PM  
Blogger bulletholes said...

If I send you some bullets, can you shoot up that mailbox a little bit and send me a Picture for my Blog...thanks

2:28 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I always have to check the freezer and the bathroom for things like my mail, my keys and my phone. I completely empathize with banana mailing.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home