Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Taking the High Road

Yesterday I suddenly came to the realization that I am in control of my destiny. This realization as one of the b___s had a temper tantrum and began to self-destruct as she ranted at my staff and the other tried time after time to make me the scapegoat for every problem imaginable. I could just sit back and smile and say to myself, "Soon it won't matter at all."

My friend who advises me to take the high road instead of getting down and dirty with the b___s encouraged me to stay principled and not lose my cool. So far it's working. But that didn't stop me in a meeting today from invoking a penetrating stare at b___ #2 and saying over and over to myself, "Do you have any idea how much I hate you?"

Only 6 more days until my meeting, after which there will be no more question about my destiny. The decision will ultimately be mine whatever happens and that is a terrific feeling.

I may just take the high road right out of town.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pauline said...

Yea, you! Isn't it a good feeling to know you can indeed make your own choices?

6:40 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

The high road isn't always easy but it keeps you out of the muck. Good luck and best wishes.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Pauline -- Yes, I'm in an enviable position.

Kristin -- I can't tell you how many times I have been tempted to say things that are much lower than the high road. But I'm too near the end of this saga to put that kind of a blotch on it. So I will zip my lips and hold my head high!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

It is a no-lose for sure. We'll all be wishing you well at that meeting!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Old Lady said...

That mediation is getting to them already. They just can't hang.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home