Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Meme of 4


I was tagged by Gewels for this “4" meme:

4 jobs you have had:

Babysitter
Seamstress
Computer programmer
Systems analyst

4 movies I can watch over and over:

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
The Thomas Crown Affair (original)
Any James Bond movie
To Kill a Mockingbird

4 places I’ve lived:

Panama City, FL
Tallahassee, FL
Washington, DC
Alexandria, VA

4 categories of TV programming I enjoy (hard since I don’t watch TV):

Cooking channel
Game shows (like Jeopardy)
Cartoons (once upon a time)
Home improvement (like This Old House)

4 places I’ve been on holiday:

Portovenere, Italy
Lourmarin, (Provence) France
Kauai, Hawaii
Vieques, Puerto Rico

4 of my favorite dishes:

Bouillabaise
BBQ chicken (made by my husband)
Indian dal with lentils
Breaded veal cutlets (also made by my husband)

4 websites I visit daily:

Gold Poppy
Bullet Holes in the Mailbox
Candy Sandwich
Mother of Invention

4 places I would rather be right now:

Southern Chile
Greece
Sogn Fjord (Norway)
Jerusalem

My life seems boring and antiquated after doing this meme. But, oh well, it is what it is! How about Richard, Mother of Invention, Old Lady, and Ulysses? Got any 4's to report?

14 Comments:

Blogger Ulysses said...

I'll visit here again this evening with some 4's -- not into putting a special post together for it (actually, if you read carefully, there are already quite a few sets of recurring 4's in there).

3:54 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I did this one in the in the fall ..there have been a few versions.

You guys are such gourmets and you chose David's BBQ chicken? He must have killer sauce! I love my David's ribs!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Pauline said...

boring? antiquated? you dine on marvelous food, travel to fascinating places, ignore the television, and watch James Bond movies!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Ulysses -- No story with a theme of 4?

MOI -- What I especially like about David's chicken is he knows just how long to cook it.

Pauline -- I almost wrote N/A by the movies and TV categories since I don't do much of either. It would seem that 2 N/A categories make me fairly boring. BTW, your Blog is one my daily doses as well!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Ulysses said...

4 fundamental forces.
4 cardinal human virtues.
4 letters in the genome.
the 4 in 3.14, cause that usually puts you close enough.
4 tastes.
Fab 4.
4 original X-men.
4 rows per foosball team.
Groups of 4 friends -- the closest sets always seem to occur in fours, like that's how many characteristics you need to balance out everybody.
4 outcomes:
1) did what you intended and succeeded;
2) did what you intended, but did not succeed;
3) failed to do what you intended, but still succeeded;
4) failed and did not succeed.
4 o'clock in the afternoon:
at work -- when nobody's in a hurry anymore;
on vacation (or retirement, I guess) -- when I'm fully mellowed;
before a date-night -- when the anticipation begins
4 o'clock's the flowers

4 chambered heart

10:49 PM  
Blogger Ulysses said...

I'll still get you a post full of hidden and obvious quartets, just it's going to be a while since I'm stuck in the middle of a four post piece at the moment.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Very cool. Even unnamed, I keep thinking of Ulysses' responsibility/desire to create a post of four. Kind of fun.

(Life is good. I know I'm the most manic of any of the seasonal depressives I know, but it really is amazing.)

12:30 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Ulysses -- Your mind never ceases to amaze me. A much more interesting way of looking at a meme of 4 than listing the 4 boring things as I did!

I'll still look 4ward to the story some day!

Kristin -- Life is indeed VERY good!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Hello fellow tagged! Thanks for stopping by my place.

I love the original Thomas Crown Affair too, but then I love Steve McQueen, especially in The Great Escape on that motorbike!

10:35 AM  
Blogger GEWELS said...

Well Barbara, Why the hell aren't we cruising around the greek isles already?

coffee soon?

Your answers were way more interesting than mine- so NOT boring!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Gaaack! I haven't finished with the 5 questions meme yet.

Fortunately, I did this meme already. You can read all about it here.

I challenge you to a meme of seven.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

******I bet ULYSSES has a 4-poster bed! Guess Ulysses just gave a fourcast of his quad-post to come!!!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Richard -- When you do your five, I will do my seven. I am memed out for now!

MOI -- Both you and Ulysses are full of fours!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Ulysses said...

I'm past the poster stage, but there is an oil painting...

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home