Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What Time Is It Really?


For some reason the 3-hour time change traveling east is the hardest adjustment for me, worse than coming back from Europe.

This morning when Jake started barking at 6 AM, it seemed like the middle of the night. I felt drugged and totally unenthusiastic about getting up to let him out. I think he actually just wanted to continue our family reunion.

Tonight as I should be going to bed, I’m wide awake and full of energy. I have house guests who are arising at 8 AM, so I really should be going to sleep. Instead I found myself looking through boxes in the basement in search of my kindergarten picture (which also contains one of my house guests). I did find it and we were very cute as we sat next to each other in the first row with legs splayed in total innocence.

I’m sure within a few days east coast time will make sense, but I’m still in that state of limbo where my internal clock just doesn’t match any external clock on the east coast. Do I feel a yawn coming? Please!

6 Comments:

Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

It's easier coming back from Europe because you're headed west. At least that's what someone told me. I suffer terribly from jet lag.

May your landing back on the east coast be gentle and gradual!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Ulysses said...

What time? You shouldn't take my word for it -- it's always been a bit slippery to me.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Expose yourself to lots of morning sun (your skin not your eyes). It will help to resynch your internal clock. Also, sleep in complete darkness.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Reya -- My landing was gentle, but my body is having a hard time giving up Pacific time!

Ulysses -- In the long run, time doesn't even matter, does it?

Richard -- How are you so smart about so many things? You are smart in a very practical way.

6:56 PM  
Blogger GEWELS said...

I always hated to come back East after that sort of time difference. It takes DAYS to adjust. I wold much rather come back from Europe.

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Gewels -- I think I'm finally back on East Coast time! It usually takes me just this long.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home