Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Who Knew?


It would seem just an ordinary book in German on my bedside stand. But then my husband noticed something remarkable.

The author is our landlord. That would explain why he's always around. He's a writer. His book, Arbeit und Streben, published in 2006, translates to "Work and Striving."

We found it on Amazon in German for $84, not a real bargain.

We asked him yesterday if it had been translated into English and he said someone was working on it.

Our quaint apartment in the old East Berlin, at 50 Euros a night, must supplement his income as a writer. It's probably more predictable.

3 Comments:

Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

Very cool! You guys always have such wonderful adventures when you travel!

8:59 AM  
Blogger GEWELS said...

Jake must have known I was reading your blog- just as I came in to comment here he comes with his whapping tail and smile asking for some love. Don't worry- he got it!
I've posted pictures on my blog for you, in case you miss his happy face.
$84 are they crazy?

12:00 PM  
Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

84 bucks for a book! eh gads! that is a normative price for college texts in the u.s. but since you state this guy is 'a writer' the book is most likely not a text.

at that price, no wonder he needs to supplement his income, I can't expect it's priced to move. personally, I'll wait till it's released as a movie.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home