Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sunshine



It’s so funny how life can seem like such a drag one day, and the next the sun has come out. Here are some snippets of my life that are putting a smile on my face.

-- My friend Anon F is back from her vacation and we have resumed our frequent communication.
-- I suggested a new class at Hill’s Kitchen on dog food making. The chef instructor was very enthusiastic and we have have started bouncing around some ideas. My thought is to demonstrate making Jake-style dog food, dog biscuits, and yogurt to put on top of the dog food. Each participant could take home a legitimate “doggy bag!” I’m not sure what role I will play in teaching the class, but I hope I can be involved.
-- My homemade pickles are deliciously sour and sweet at the same time.
-- I’m hoping to take a bus trip some time in August to Western Massachusetts to visit my Blogger friend Pauline. With any luck, I can see another Blogger friend Steve in NYC for lunch and maybe a look at some prize graffiti.
-- Perhaps a trip to SF in September, depending on my daughter’s availability. I hope to see at least 3 Blog-related friends there.
-- In addition to my long-time musical partner Deborah, I am now playing with a violinist. I got to play for an hour or so with each of them today.
-- My PT friend is coming over this weekend to give me some help with a knee problem that has been making it difficult for me to take long walks. Hopefully he can tell me what to do to strengthen the ligaments that are getting strained. In return, I’ve invited him to dinner.
-- I got to eat some fabulous food my husband brought home from a grilling class tonight. Who knew that BBQ could be so good?!
-- We are going to dinner with good friends on Friday at Poppy Hill Tuscan Kitchen in Fredericksburg (named one of the top 10 farm-to-table restaurants in the US).
-- I get to go to my Blogger friend Kristin’s ice-cream-for-100 party this weekend, followed by a Temple Micah progressive dinner on Capitol Hill.

Nothing is forever, so I know this surge of happiness isn’t permanent. But I’m really enjoying it while it lasts!

5 Comments:

Blogger Pauline said...

trick, isn't it, to make the most of whatever time you find yourself in.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Pauline -- I think that's the secret of living in the moment!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Your list puts a smile on my face! So much sunshine.

1:57 PM  
Blogger lacochran said...

I've never known a dog who wasn't happier eating people biscuits than dog biscuits.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your list put a smile on my face, Barbara! And I'm pleased/honored to appear on it! May you enjoy fully each of these good things (and yes, I'd love some of those famous pickles!). :-)

F.

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home