Monday, November 23, 2009

Lunchtime Decadence


I decided to go for a leisurely, decadent lunch with my friend Betty before the demands of the week of cooking set in.  Our lunch at Black Salt surpassed my desires!

We are dedicated, serious oyster eaters.  So we each ordered a dozen oysters from 4 different places in the US.  They came on a tray of ice with lots of lemon, mignonette sauce, cocktail sauce, and thin crispy crackers.  We also like a nice glass of good wine to wash down the bivalves.  She had Prosecco; I had a delightful Sauvignon blanc.

Lunch with Betty wouldn’t be complete without dessert and cappuccino.  The Chocolate Peanut Brittle Crunch Cake with Caramelized Bananas and Peanut Brittle (and 2 forks) was to die for!

On my way out, at the fish market I bought Asian tuna burgers with a ginger dipping sauce to make for dinner.  That way when the Visa bill comes in, I can remind my husband about that wonderful dinner I made for him because I had gone out to eat oysters. 



I’m sure Betty and I will show up again at Black Salt before oyster season is over (months with “R” are the ones).

4 Comments:

Blogger bozoette said...

Sounds like the perfect lunch!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Bozoette -- As I recall, you are an oyster lover too. I'm always up for lunchtime company if you would like to go out and slurp some oysters with me!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Pix E. said...

delicious, and oysters are good for you too!

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dessert is a work of art. Sometimes I have a hard time starting to eat a dish so lovely...I just want to look at it...

F.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home