Friday, November 20, 2009

Eggs-actly!


Would you look at those eggs?!  They are a far cry from last week's mutilated eggs.

I volunteered to make curried egg salad again this week.  Unfortunately it’s for a sadder event --  the luncheon after a memorial service for a neighbor who spent the last year dying from a horrible form of cancer.

I listened to what you all had to say last week and took it to heart.  I mainly credit my success to immersing the eggs in ice water after cooking and peeling them under cold running water.

The shells just slipped right off with no hesitation.  Not even one little piece tried to stay behind.  What took a good hour last week took about 15 minutes today.

In the morning the curried egg salad will go on thin slices of olive bread, adorned with a slice of pimentoed olive.  Hopefully they will go well with all the other finger foods.

Thanks for restoring my egg-peeling confidence!

5 Comments:

Blogger lacochran said...

Lovely! Yay!

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that your neighbor has passed away...

F.

7:28 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Hi Barbara, I'v been absent from blogging for a while, so great to come back to find lots of posts to catch up on! I did laugh at your theatre experience, and enjoyed the quote from The Colour Purple very much (I've always liked that one but haven't thought of it in years).

As for the eggs, I can't really comment since I have never liked them and after a few years of boarding school enforced egg eating, tend to avoid them like crazy! Enjoy your weekend :)

12:57 AM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

They turned out so beautiful and shiny this time! I rarely make hardboiled eggs, but I'll keep your experiences in mind the next time I make some.

Sorry to hear about your neighbor.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

Awesome! So glad to know how to defeat those annoying stubborn eggs!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home