Friday, December 18, 2009

Airplane's Revenge


I seem to be like a magnet for germs when I fly.  Sure to form, breathing that recirculated germy air on our quick trip to Detroit left me with something undesirable.

Yesterday I woke up with one of those killer headaches, the kind that make your eyeballs hurt, the kind that Aleve doesn’t phase.  I managed to drag myself in to my old office’s holiday party, and then managed to socialize with an old work friend afterwards for a few hours.  But despite the fact that I didn’t even have one sip of alcohol, I was in bed with no supper, a pounding head, and chills by 8 PM.

Today I woke up with just the remnants of the headache and the sort of fatigue that is characteristic of mononucleosis.  It was not a choice to cancel my plans for the day.  It was a necessity.

So today I will sit around in my PJ’s, sipping hot tea and thinking about cooking the goose I bought yesterday sometime over the weekend.  I’m not sure I can recreate the Dickensian atmosphere from last weekend’s cooking class, but I can surely try.

It’s these brief bouts of illness that make me feel grateful for my usual good health.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon! Sending you hugs.

F.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Kellyann Brown said...

sounds like your goose is cooked!!!! Hope you feel better!!!! Don't forget, hydrate!

Kelly

1:47 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I, too, hope you feel better soon! At least you were on your way home. It seems so much easier when you can curl up in your own bed.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

I hope you'll have a speedy recovery, especially since you have that goose waiting in the wings!

1:19 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

hope you feel better barbara.

i love sitting around in PJs sipping tea

3:49 AM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

Oh no! But I'm glad to see in your follow-up post that you're feeling better. I have a little cold that's been dogging me for a couple of days, but it's not very severe, fortunately.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home