Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Rogue's Gallery or Vicarious Travel?


My latest trip to Marshall’s netted some very cheap small picture frames.  I finally framed the photos that had been lying in the kitchen drawer waiting.

They now reside on the empty desk shelves of what used to be my son Dan’s room.  Besides filling up the emptiness and adding a little color to that room, they remind me of a time when we traveled to faraway places.  We look quite content as we give our best smile to the camera, as we polish off platters of Mediterranean seafood in a small Italian restaurant with good friends.

Given our Costa Rica trip had to be canceled because of my husband’s persistent foot problems, I find myself looking longingly at these photos and hoping there will be a day when we will be smiling into the camera in some distant spot and enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells of a foreign place once again.

7 Comments:

Blogger lacochran said...

No Costa Rica? Bummer! Hope he finds a solution to his foot problem soon!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice to relive those sweet moments!

F.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

Sorry your Costa Rica trip had to be cancelled. :(

You'll both be traveling again, I'm sure. My step-grandmother still travels the world and she's 87!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Great idea. Why do we take pics if we can't enjoy them? Here's hoping you will be back out in the world some time in the near future.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

That reminds me... I should really do something will all of my photos and I should plan another trip.

I'm sorry to hear about the potential cancellation and even sorrier to hear of the cause. I hope the foot problems are soon resolved.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

I know how you feel. I can't wait to go somewhere, anywhere. I hope David's feet feel better soon.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Pauline said...

Everything hurts when your feet hurt! Hope David discovers both the problem and the cure soon. Photos that remind you of good times deserve frames!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home