Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Something from Nothing


I recently admired the blue necklace worn by a woman at Temple Micah.  She said she had gotten it at a crafts show in Texas. 

The next time I saw her, she handed me a plastic bag with the necklace and a red bandanna in it, saying “I’ll bet you can figure out how to make one!”

I cut a strip corner to corner diagonally from the red bandanna and made a tube out of it.  I bought some small cotton balls and a big container of multi-colored beads at Michaels.  I found a long wooden knitting needle and packed all of these things in a bag to take on my trip.

After about 30 minutes of work as we headed toward Chicago, the red necklace emerged.  I just noticed it is considerably shorter than the model necklace, but just right for my neck. 

This shows how easy it is to make something from nothing.  Thanks to Elka for inspiring me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Reed said...

A necklace made from a bandana? What a concept! Looks great, though!

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A necklace made from a bandana?"
LOL!

They're both beautiful! Can I place my order now?

F.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Pauline said...

How cool! More directions, please? I bet my granddaughter would love to make one!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I have so many bandanas that would look better as necklaces. I've never seen one like that before! Very nice. You did a great job.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home