Thursday, May 20, 2010

Displaying a Boomerang


My boomerang did come back to me today, framed and ready to hang on the wall.
My daughter spent part of her junior year of college in Australia.  She brought each of us a souvenir of her trip.  Mine happened to be a colorful boomerang, which has languished on the mantle until just recently when I had to pack everything up for the painting project.  
Instead of putting the boomerang back on the mantle, where it always looked out of place, I decided to get it framed.
I love the process of selecting all the components for a framing project.  In this case it was a black velvet background and a simple black deep frame that formed a box.  I decided to use “museum” glass so as to minimize the reflection and protect the colorful boomerang.
I was delighted to pick the framed boomerang up and give it the wall space occupied by a very faded photo of a bird-of-paradise from Hawaii.  It looks ever so much better occupying its own space instead of camping out on the mantle.

4 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I just have mine hanging on a nail over my front door.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Merle Sneed said...

Very nice presentation. You have a good eye.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job! That combination of colors looks great sparking up the newly-painted room.

F.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

What a great idea! I love the way you're always growing and changing the way you look at things you've seen for ages.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home