Monday, May 10, 2010

Dough-Si-Dough


My neighbors, who were also in the pizza class with me yesterday, brought their two bags of dough over and we combined forces to make lunch today.  It was nice to have three recollections to help recreate the process.
We opted for the grill approach since it was a nice day and there is something appealing about grill marks on food.  
We all attempted to form our dough into crusts, some more round and thin than others.  Then when we had thrown the dough around enough, we started grilling two crusts at a time.  



After a few minutes on the first side, it was time to turn the crust over and add the toppings.  You can tell that KC went to class and learned that you are not supposed to pile them on.



Contrary to my husband who determined to use every possible topping and a lot of it (see top photo).   He’s never been one for moderation.
The toppings included carmelized onions, roasted tomatoes, sauteed eggplant and peppers, sliced olives, pepperoni, mushrooms, basil, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and aleppo pepper.
It was a great day to sit outside on the deck, sorting out the various flavors on our grilled pizzas.  Some of us even had leftovers.  Jake enjoyed bits of crust.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Badger King said...

That looks delicious- I'm really glad to see that it worked well for you!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

I'm suddenly very hungry. I'll bet they tasted incredible.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I've been sick, sick, sick for the past 24 hours but those pizzas seem to have helped me regain my appetite.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Reverse Phone Lookup said...

This Pizza looks like very yummy and tasty.

Reverse Phone Lookup

12:17 AM  
Blogger Merle Sneed said...

Looks delicious, except f the onion part. Not a fan of the onions.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous reverse lookup said...

I've never been very good at that sort of thing, but I keep trying, and this is why. Just looking at that is appetizing.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home