Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Refrigerator Art


We used to have magnetic frames on our refrigerator to display the various artwork our children brought home from school.  But it’s been years since those days.
I finally have a piece of refrigerator art once again, given to me by a precocious little boy named Jack.  He happens to be the son of the person who teaches me yoga at her house every couple of weeks or so.
One day as I was arriving Jack was on his way out to go to Target with his dad, where he would get to choose a 99-cent Matchbox car.
So the next time I came to yoga, I brought Jack a similar car (they are 97 cents at Toys R Us).  Apparently he liked it so much he took it in the bathtub that night.
Today when I went to yoga, there was a hand-made thank you picture from Jack waiting for me.  His mom asked him why he had chosen those colors when the car was actually blue.  He said all girls like purple and yellow is his grandmother’s favorite color, so he figured I would like them.  His parents wrote down the words he wanted on the picture.
I hope some day to have a grandchild who knows my favorite color (it isn’t yellow!) and who will keep my refrigerator colorful.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Sometimes we find grandchildren where we haven`t expected them! by their choice!! How absolutely lovely!!

1:39 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

Art does not get any better than this! It is from the heart and was made just for you.

That is pretty special.

I have several of my daughter's art work framed. But it started on the refrigerator.

Take care - and that was certanly nice of you to give this young man a car!

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knowing you've lovingly touched a child's heart on any level is one of the deepest joys of being alive...how sweet for you both.

F.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

All of my pics come from nieces, nephews and friends, and I love the fact that my fridge is a cacophony of color.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home