Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cooking with old friends







My kitchen is taking me back a few decades as The Beatles remind me of all those songs I sang over and over in the presence of people I remember like it was yesterday. It's as though they could walk right of that iPad screen.

Just this week my favorite music became available digitally. I was just reacquainted with the nasty boy Maxwell with his silver hammer. I'm now swimming in the octopus's garden and wondering where the tell-tale smell has gone.

I realize how happy it makes me to sing along as I roll out the crust for a big apple pie. It seems $12 is a small price to pay for such excellent entertainment that doubles as a double shot of happiness.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Dawes Ave,Alexandria,United States

7 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

What a great way to spend a day. I especially love the Beatles in the kitchen. I've spent many an hour with them there.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same here! So familiar and comforting. (Not to mention geniuses!)

F.

1:34 PM  
Blogger e said...

I put them on Pandora.com while cleaning, it makes the time go faster!

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing a close friend of yours put the Beatles on his iPad the first day they were available :-)

12:14 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I was never a fan of the Beatles. I enjoy some of their songs but never 'got it'. But today I was listening to John Lennon's Double Fantasy. I quite like that.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

I saw that picture, and read your first sentence "My kitchen is taking me back a few decades" and thought OMG she's got Beatles inside her microwave oven! So what else is new, I'm hallucinating again. I really liked the post-Beatles stuff from John Lennon and George Harrison, but before that the Stones always won out in my imaginary contest between the two groups. I guess the Beatles weren't raunchy enough for me or something. I like them a lot better now than I did then.

11:40 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Hi Barbara. Tried to leave a comment earlier, but it didn't work! Anyway, back again just to say hello, i was here, and have also been catching up on your travel posts :)

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home