Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ice from the Inside


There was a time when I was fanatical about ignoring the weather and carrying on with my life.  I'm sure there were many days like this one when I slipped and slid and took unnecessary chances just to show up for work.  I wasn't about to use my leave to stay home, even though it was often "liberally" granted.

In contrast it was great to wake up today and look at the blanket of ice enveloping everything outside, knowing that I had no reason to leave home until mid-afternoon.  I stuck my  head out to take the above picture.  Jake like an idiot decided to eat the ice off the deck.

That sort of weather-induced angst takes its toll.  I'm really glad to have the freedom to escape it these days.

6 Comments:

Blogger lacochran's evil twin said...

My org now allows for unscheduled telework. I'd still rather be home with nothing to do. :)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

LA -- I never opted for telework, mostly because I worked with sensitive data, but also because I knew if I were home I would probably have a hard time not getting distracted with things like Jake and cooking. I hope you are happily teleworking today!

11:08 AM  
Blogger e said...

I loved working from home as a freelancer. I think giving people options like telework increases productivity.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

E -- I probably would have loved telecommuting if I had ever given it a try.

4:43 PM  
Blogger e said...

Thanks for the link about the border collie...most interesting!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I wish I could have gotten away with not going in today! It's not worth the risk. Unfortunately, I needed to do something about my broken tooth and an endodontist beckoned.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home