Monday, January 02, 2012

Sty-m-Eyed!



I have long suspected that I am allergic to a lot of the eye makeup on the market.  I think that’s one reason I seldom apply eye liner or mascara.  But occasionally I feel like really dressing up my face and then I do.
Lately I have paid a price for an evening of beautiful eyes.  The last two times I have donned eye makeup, within a day after I have had a nasty sty on one or the other eye.  Never both.  And not the same eye.  So I am thinking it’s the makeup and not just a random sty, which I never get otherwise.
I always wait for a few days before consulting a professional about things like this.  And sure enough within a couple of days the sty has always disappeared.  
I suppose the safest thing to do is to switch to a brand that emphasizes that it is hypoallergenic.  Or I could just give up eye makeup altogether, which wouldn’t break my heart.  It’s not that anyone ever says to me “Oh, what alluring eyes you have” as they hide behind my progressive bifocals.  So maybe that’s the easier course of action.
Ah!  The price of beauty…
(That’s not my eye in the above picture, but mine does look much like that.)

2 Comments:

Blogger e said...

That's not the best beginning to the new year...I'm sorry
this happened. It looks painful. What did you use? You might send a photo and e-mail or letter to the manufacturer and see what they say...

1:24 AM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

I know nothing about eye makeup, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that you should replace it (and the applicators) periodically because they can foster the growth of bacteria. Maybe that's what's happened in your case. Maybe you just need some fresh product!

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home