Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spring




As we left home today in our quest for summer in the middle of winter, I noticed our front yard is full of blooming crocuses who think it is spring. It suddenly seemed pretty silly to be traveling thousands of miles in search of warm weather when it is getting up to 65 degrees at home tomorrow.

But alas we are under way. We are right now sitting in the immense Atlanta airport waiting for our night flight to Santiago. They have conveniently installed lots of charging stations so our batteries are being saved. But our bodies are freezing as cold air seems to come from all directions. My old gray hoodie fromTarget feels quite good.

I brought lots and lots of snacks, in an effort to use up our remaining food so it won't rot while we are gone and because I knew I would be lucky to get .42 ounces (yes, that's less than 1/2 ounce) of peanuts on our Delta flight. I have polished off the raisin bread with almond butter and the carrot sticks. I still have a small can of tuna and some random cheese and crackers and dark chocolate to tide me over until we board at 9:00 pm. Hot tea, even at $2 for a cup of water, is warming me up.

Let our Chilean adventure begin!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Atlanta,United States

3 Comments:

Blogger e said...

I hope you have a grand time!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Safe travels. Have a great time.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

$2 for a cup of WATER?!

As had already been said, have a great trip! (I guess the flight must be over by now -- hope it was good.)

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home