Thursday, January 06, 2005

Peace Is Every Step

My Wednesday evening meditation group just started focusing on this book by Thich Nhat Hanh. In the first reading, he reminds us that every day we are given a gift of 24 new hours. He suggests that during that time if we work toward establishing peace within ourselves that it will be infectious to the rest of the world.

My problem in finding that peace is figuring out how to rid myself of angry feelings. Until recently I was not even aware of my anger. Now I can at least sense it and feel it. But I am clueless as to how to dissipate it. The message I hear from Anne, my therapist, is that if I can experience the anger (whatever that means) that it will go away. So far my experience is that there is a new wave of the same anger waiting to fill in the void. I obviously have a lot of work to do on this.

As we ended our sit last night, the anchor suggested that we were part of a much larger group of people who even at that very moment were also meditating, trying to find that elusive peace. I am intrigued by this idea of a world wide web of meditators who in some way are connected to each other.

I will continue to search for peace...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home