Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Just One Night

I wake up and throw the covers off. I am never drenched in sweat as I have seen described of some people. I’m just hot enough to not want anything over me while I sleep. And then after a while I pull the covers back over me as I cool off.

The worst part is that once I am awake I frequently have the urge to make a trip to the bathroom, a remnant of my childhood training when I was a sometimes bed-wetter. Once I am back in bed, I find that many times my mind has already started to churn on something and it is hard to get back to sleep.

When did this habit of getting hot and then cold while asleep start? I can’t even remember. But it is now a familiar pattern. I suppose I really can’t complain because none of this causes any pain. It’s just that I sometimes long for just one night of uninterrupted sleep, where after my head hits the pillow, the next thing I know my alarm clock is going off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home