Friday, November 25, 2005

A Reminder About Thanksgiving

Toby’s sermon tonight was about Thanksgiving. She acknowledged that for most of us the emphasis is on the food. We each have particular traditions that come with this holiday. But without sounding trite, she reminded us about the importance of giving thanks. In truth, Jews are asked to say thanks for 100 things every day. But most of us fall far short of that.

This year in particular I can be thankful for a strong body that has proven that it heals well. I can be thankful for friends, family, and health care providers who made my surgery not such an ordeal. I am grateful for the family who included us in their Thanksgiving celebration, with no expectation that I would cook or wash dishes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

I'm thankful you came through your ordeal so smoothly. You are tough, tough enough to get to a Thanksgiving dinner the day after surgery, tough enough to get to Shabbat services the day after that. I salute you.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home