Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A Call from an Angel

You will never guess who just called me as I was stepping out of the shower just now. My pal Lindsey from the Radiation Safety Department of WHC! Has any professional from that hospital called to check up on me? Absolutely not. But this guy who befriended me said he had been thinking about me since Saturday and just had to know I was OK. And today I could truthfully say, “Yes, I am more than OK. I am really feeling fine, once again.” I told him I was sorry his Skins didn’t win on Saturday and we decided some things just aren’t meant to be. Part of me is afraid to find out that there might not actually exist a person named Lindsey Statler, that it was all a figment of my imagination. Was he really real? Why wasn’t he ever afraid? I’ll never know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

This guy so reminds me of Pacino's nurse in Angels in America. When you first wrote about him, I pictured that actor. So when you make your film about your experience, look him up for sure!

Kate

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeffrey Wright played Belize, the nurse, in the movie of Angels. He's local, too (from D.C., went to St. Albans). Or, you could have Craig Wallace, who played Belize beautifully at Arena Stage.

I've been reading your blog once in a while but haven't commented before - found it while looking up something about Temple Micah and got interested. I love your writing and the ideas you express!

Just read about your ordeal last week. Congratulations on it being over!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Fellow Micahite -- I am dying to know who you are! Do we know each other? I really love everyone I've met at Micah. Please send me an e-mail message if you are willing to reveal your identity. In any event, you are always welcome here!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home