Thursday, March 16, 2006

Dan Meets DC Blogs

I dragged my visiting son Dan to the Blogger happy hour last night, partly because I wanted to go and not abandon him on his last night home and partly because I wanted him to meet some of the cool people who write on DC Blogs. His first questions: Will there be anyone my age? Are there any cute girls?... said as he looked at me and expected a room full of people like his mother. I assured him that the answer to both questions was YES and agreed to pay his barbill, an offer he just couldn’t refuse.

I told a few people, like Velvet, AlwaysWrite, Kristin, and Asian Mistress, that Dan was coming. It turns out that Velvet and Kristin went to the other happy hour, AlwaysWrite had to work late, and AsianMistress didn’t feel well.

So instead Dan got to hang out with girls like Cookie and Kathryn, who were their usual charming selves and who bragged up his mom’s Blog, much to Dan’s utter surprise. I wonder if he actually went home and read my Blog after such endorsements!

At one point during the evening we talked to a guy Jeff, who met his last serious girlfriend over the Internet. Interesting to ponder for someone who is at that point in life when dating is important.

Last night’s happy hour by the time we got there was not the crowd I had experienced at my previous two meet-ups, but it served to convince Dan that his mom is hanging out with some very interesting people these days who all like to write and who totally enjoy each other’s writing.

For someone like Dan, who as a lawyer-to-be spends a lot of his time writing, I think Blogging could be a great way to meet new people and to just have fun with his own writing. I’ll bet there is something like DC Blogs in Tucson.

6 Comments:

Blogger DC Cookie said...

Hello!!! Your son is a hottie! Any chance he might consider moving to DC? My girlfriends would eat him alive and he'd love every minute of it.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Jamy said...

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet your son! Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to either happy hour. Hopefully, I'll see you next month.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Jeff Simmermon said...

Barbara, good to meet you AND your son last night. I would caution your son that meeting online has its own unique pitfalls, but that's for another discussion. I'll be checking you out on this blog...keep up the good work!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet Dan! It sounds like a good night and maybe he'll gain even more respect for his cool mom.

1:38 PM  
Blogger kris said...

It was so good meeting you - and your very cute son! :)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Cookie -- I passed on your comment to Dan. Better be careful, he might take you up on your offer!

Jeff, Kris -- It was really good to meet both of you. I will enjoy checking out your Blogs.

Jamy -- Maybe next month...

Kristin -- Looking forward to seeing you soon!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home