Sunday, April 23, 2006

A Child's Dream

At dinner tonight with our friends Kris and Bill, we were talking about the worsening situation in our kitchen where we can never find the right lid for a storage container. Kris told a cute story about her daughter when at 5 years old she was asked about her idea of a perfect house. She replied “one where all the containers have lids.”

I determined to do exactly what Kris did that day 20 years ago: I am going to match up everything in our hodge-podge container drawer and just pitch out whatever doesn’t match. But I’m not going to do it tonight. That chaotic drawer will just have to wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

That was one fantastic benefit of moving. All the non-matching lids and containers were eliminated from the kitchen. Actually not trashed because I doubt they are recyclable but used now in my dresser drawers as containers to separate small items. I am really not a Martha Stewart/Heloise Hinter type of person but moving got me organized a bit!

K

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home