Friday, June 30, 2006

Pretty Feet

Three of my toenails have taken on a life of their own, with one of them starting to resemble a bird claw. I want to have pretty feet once again.

Fortunately the offending toes are the little ones that can hide under their neighbors. It isn’t so obvious. But I see them and I don’t like them.

They started out as nails that were thicker than the others. Now they are slightly discolored and they are hard to cut. These are not happy toenails.

I’m sure I’m not alone because when I get a pedicure they simply do the best they can with those nails but never tell me I have freaky feet.

I understand there is some sort of prescription medicine you can take to get rid of the fungus that causes these monster nails. Unfortunately it can have undesirable side effects, like liver damage. That worry has kept me from pursuing these pills.

My husband’s toes are infinitely worse than mine. He recently came home from a doctor’s visit with two varieties of paint-on medicine. If this works, I will gladly go that route in order to keep my liver in tact while my toes become beautiful again.

What a bitch getting old. Even toenails don’t seem to last forever!

If you managed to conquer toenail fungus and are happy with the results, send me your story.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

My husband did with something topical so I will ask him what it was. Perhaps it is what David got. Anyway I know it was topical, not orally administered since he has many health problems that would prohibit another internal medication. I remember his toes were healthy pretty quickly as well.

K

1:28 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I go to a podiatrist every 7 weeks so he catches things before they get out of control. Never had a fungus, though. I'm sure there's cream you can get.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Okay, this is what I do. I buy a multi-grit nail file. The type that is used on acrylic nails. Starting with the rougher grit, file across the top of the nail, go through each grit through the smooth and shine. That will take some of the thickness down and make them behave a little better.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home