Thursday, November 15, 2007

Help from Afar


This is a week of scrambling to finish the things I want to show at Eastern Market on Saturday. Today I took full advantage of all offers of help.

My husband helped me print the business cards I had designed. And my house guests pitched in to stuff sachets with lavender, balsam fir, and rose petals. Little did I know that my newest friend Sarah was an expert at craft shows and at sachet making. She reminded me about things like having a cash box and came up with many new ideas of things to make.

But for today I just wanted to finish all the projects already started. There will be time for new “merchandise” if what I have made sells.

As we each worked on our part of this project, we gossiped and told stories of the past. There were even a few jokes. It was that feeling of a quilting bee that makes you glad you have female friends.

This was definite proof that many hands can be a big help, especially when they aren’t asking to be paid!

4 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

There is no question that helpful hands can make light work.

The problem comes when eager hands are not so helpful, but it loks like you avoided all that and got good assistance.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Richard -- I was delighted to find out they were much better at the stuffing job than I was!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

It is good to hear you had no ego to bruise :-)

I am always delighted to learn from people who are better than me at stuf.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Neat to have a lighthearted time while helping each other. Good luck!!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home