Thursday, May 08, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ballgame


One of the best things about Blogging is getting to read stories that I would never run across in the Post, the New Yorker, or the other sundry things I read. This week’s favorites both look at variations on our national pastime.

Throwing Hammers talks about his experience as the coach of a tee-ball team of 5 and 6 year-olds. Sometimes they just need a hug.

Ruth D tells the story of an athlete who makes a very unconventional home run (the second time around).

These two accounts are like chicken soup for the soul. Read them and smile!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Barbara, these blogs were terrific. I laughed so hard I cried all the way through Hammer's and simply cried all the way through - oh dear I don't remember her name. They are heartening and uplifting stories beautifully written. Thanks for sharing!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

LR -- Both of these people are excellent writers. I'm never disappointed when I visit their Blogs!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Hammer said...

Thanks for the nod - this bunch is definitely one of the more memorable ones I've had in my coaching tenure.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Hammer -- Good parenting practice. You can pull them down off the fence, hone their batting skills, give them a hug, and then hand them back to their parents. A sweet deal!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NICE Blog :)

12:38 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

I sometimes think that if it wasn't for blogs I would have no idea what was going on in the world.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Semi -- FYI: I don't respond to comments like Nice Blog from strangers. You should come up with something a little more original if you want me to read your Blog!

Gary -- I would definitely not be reading about baseball anywhere other than on Blogger. Is that un-American?

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home