Thursday, September 04, 2008

If You Go Down to the Woods Today...

Calling all FOOD Bloggers, or at least Bloggers who write about food from time to time!

Are you up for a last picnic to say goodbye to the Summer of 2008? What about a chance to meet other DC Bloggers?

You can do both on Saturday, October 11, at a picnic hosted by Lemmonex and Looking2live. Just show up at Grove #1 in Rock Creek Park between 4:00 and 7:00 PM with a delectable dish for 8 to share.

We will provide plates, utensils, cups, and napkins. You should bring your beverage of choice. You can also bring toys so we can work up an appetite.

Save the date if you love a good picnic. We can guarantee lots of mouth-watering food and a chance to meet up with old and new friends.

You can RSVP by either leaving a comment on this post or here or by sending me an e-mail at barbara.diskin@verizon.net.

Did anyone besides me grow up listening to “The Teddy Bear Picnic”?

11 Comments:

Blogger Lemmonex said...

This will be great fun...I hope people can make it!

8:16 AM  
Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

love the teddybear picnic! many libraries like to use this classic to organize toddler book loving/songloving events....

I'll me eating with you in spirit!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad y'all are doing this again! Wish I could be there...

9:43 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

This sounds so fun! I wish I didn't live a bazillion miles away :(

3:00 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Lemmonex -- I'm so psyched for this picnic! I'm already starting to think about what to bring, besides my croquet set!

Mouse -- We would welcome a cook from Cleveland if you find yourself visiting Mom and Dad that weekend.

BettyJoan -- You belong at this picnic since you had the original Blogger potluck idea! I have empty rooms...

Mo -- This would be right up your alley! You have one of the greatest food Blogs around. And all your GREEN ideas are so inspiring. You would have a free place to stay if you could just manage to get here!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I do remember the teddy bear picnic! Sounds like fun. I may be out of town, but if I'm not, I'd love to join.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Pauline said...

looks like I'll be standing alone with my eggplant/stewed tomato casserole, singing all the verses... wish I could be there!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Kristin -- I hope you can join us!

Pauline -- I had you figured for a teddybear picnic kind of girl! I still have the 45 that was played countless times to put me to sleep.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Kellyann Brown said...

Oh great, now I've got that song in my head!! :::grin::: Sounds like you will have a great time!

10:26 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

so are you hoping for a big surprise?
or maybe all of you will BE the big surprise

hope you have a great time!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Kelly -- It is a catchy melody!

Lettuce -- The big surprise will be who shows up!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home