Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I.LOVE.NY

We packed a lot in the last 12 hours in this city that doesn’t sleep.

The first stop was a China Fun, our favorite dim-sum restaurant of many years, which happens to be just a few blocks from our hotel. I like my fortune!

After checking in, we hopped back on the subway and went to Greenwich Village, where we ate dessert first and drank a latte to give us a jolt since we had gotten up at 5:30 AM.

The consensus at the next table was that Ben’s had the best thin crust pizza in the city.

So Ben’s it was for a quick dinner of some of the best pizza I have ever eaten.

Then we had another train to catch, this time heading out to Queens for an evening at the US Open. On the way up here on the bus, my husband had managed to purchase tickets off Craig’s List for two outstanding matches:

S. Williams v. Brenand
Murray v. Wawrinka

Williams and Murray won in straight sets, but not without a lot of exciting points.

It is time for bed, but I’m still wired. Caffeine after 4:00 PM. Oh well...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pair you are! My gosh, you have filled your dance card completely! I guess, being retired you could catch up on sleep on the ride home, but my bet is you'll come up with another interesting activity. Go for it, I love the ride with you.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

LR -- It was indeed a short night, but well worth the lack of sleep! Onwards and upwards to another day.

8:44 AM  
Blogger A Concerned Citizen said...

It is so awesome that you got to go to the US Open, and to see such great matches! That's something that's been on my to-do list for a long time. Maybe some day. . . .

8:51 AM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

Wow! You've managed to pack a lot in for such a short visit! :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

Amazing!!
My best friend has been living in NYC for years, and I'm embarrassed to say that I still haven't made it out for a visit, but your post has put the NY bug in my pants...

Glad you had such a great time :)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Lemmonex said...

I need to go to NY for a proper trip soon. I have never really truly experienced the city.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I continue to be so impressed with how alive this city is, in a good way. Everyone is friendly, the dogs are cute, and there are as many restaurants as there are people, I swear! Yes, everyone deserves to experience this great city!

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home