Sunday, October 26, 2008

Personal Weirdness


Last week, Cyndy at Photocynthesis tagged me for a meme. I meant to respond right away, but life got in the way. And so I'm late. (I just copied this paragraph from Kristin’s post on the same.)

Here are the official rules:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

And here are the seven random/weird facts about me:

(1) I am fanatical about keeping my money in order from lowest to highest value in my wallet, with the bills all facing the same direction.
(2) I am left-handed, but I play baseball and golf right-handed.
(3) When I first was learning to write, I wrote from right to left – backwards. You needed a mirror to read it!
(4) I have a good memory for telephone numbers. I stubbornly resist entering them in my cell phone, preferring to take up space in my feeble brain instead.
(5) I have vivid memories of living in the house where we lived until I was about 2. I once described my parents’ bedroom, including the angle of the bed and the pink, blue, and white chenille bedspread. My mother was quite surprised.
(6) I grew up in the Florida panhandle, but I hate lima beans and black-eyed peas, staples of the southern diet.
(7) I can juggle. When I worked in the computer center at FSU, everyone knew how to juggle. Many people had even attended circus class.

I will suggest that Angela, Adrianne, and Huck do this meme. They are about the only Blogger newbies I can think of who haven’t already done it. If you are reading and feel so inclined, by all means reveal your weirdness to the Internet world!

14 Comments:

Blogger Cyndy said...

Thanks for playing! That certaining is an interesting set of weird/random facts.

So you are semi-ambidextrous too. I often wonder if I'm really left-handed. It's likely that my mother would have tried to make me become right-handed if I showed any left-handed tendancies. She decided to start writing with her right hand when she was twelve and could bat and pitch nearly equally well with either hand.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

certaining - I sound like I'm drunk or something. Except it's pretty rare that I drink enough to have splurred sleech.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Thanks for tagging me, Barbara! I won`t have time this week, but will think hard about my peculiarities and write about them next week. Fun!
Dan has not given me a response yet, but maybe today. He might not look up his emails frequently, or he just doesn`t have time in the afternoon. Don`t worry - we`ll somehow connect one day. And if we`ll do it when YOU come for a visit!
Yes,I`m looking forward to see our old place, and doesn`t it really even LOOK magical?

3:48 AM  
Blogger A Concerned Citizen said...

Thanks for tagging me -- I'll think about my weirdnesses and reveal them to the world some time early this week.

BTW I share your weirdness # 1. Another thing we have in common.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Angela, Adrianne -- I will look forward to your responses to the meme. We do learn a lot about each other this way!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

You are right about how much we can learn through these tags, even about people we already know (as if we ever really know anyone or even ourselves).

10:28 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

Isn't it weird, the strangely detailed memories we sometimes have from when we were little? I still recall the freezing cold of the kitchen sink when my grandma used to bathe me in it and how determined she was when scrubbing in between my toes--Ow!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Mo -- Just for piping up, you are tagged (if you haven't already played this game.)

1:56 PM  
Blogger bozoette said...

You can juggle! How did I miss that? We must juggle together someday.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Bozoette -- OMG! I knew some really qualified circus person would call me on the juggling. I'd better start practicing! Can you pass pins back and forth? If yes, you are definitely out of my league...

8:46 PM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

Ha! My mom does that with her money, too. I'm very organized, but I'm not THAT organized. :)

10:14 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Steve -- I can tell that your mom and I would get along well. We may have other quirks in common as well.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never worked at the FSU computer center, but I did attend FSU, and I could/can juggle. Passing flaming clubs and everything. But I never did anything connected to FSU's circus. There also was an active "juggling club" on campus (clearly, where all the cool kids hung out... or perhaps not so much).

11:24 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

John -- You were at FSU several decades after me. Interesting that there was a juggling club by that time. Maybe I can watch you and Bozoette pass flaming clubs!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home