Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Shower Date

I’ve never enjoyed long soaking tub baths. I’ve come to shower several times a week, with sponge baths in between. If I think about it not too hard, I could say it’s genetic because my father seldom did more than “wash up” with the door closed, so I never really knew what that meant to his dying day.

But when faced with the limitation of only taking sponge baths for the past week, I had begun to long for the warm water running down my body.

We thought the only option was to get a shower chair or a tub bench, something that hadn’t happened over the past week. When I visited the surgeon yesterday to find out that I did NOT have a blood clot, he told me I could take showers and suggested my husband and I shower together, something that hadn’t happened for decades.

So today we had a shower date. The water felt so refreshing as it coursed over my body. His presence in the small bathroom was about as close to sexy as I will probably be able to feel for another month.

After the shower, I sat on the bed and he carefully dried my legs. It doesn’t get much better than that, right? We both agreed that it was good my libido had been left in tact when my hip was replaced!

7 Comments:

Blogger Aileen said...

Hm- I haven't had a shower date in quite awhile. Thanks for reminding me of some good memories!

And I'm glad you can find some moments of pleasure during this tough time...

10:57 AM  
Blogger bulletholes said...

NUTHIN' LIKE A SHAKEDOWN IN THE SHOWER!(oops)
And a Blow-dry!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Fire Byrd said...

You go girl!!
x

3:06 PM  
Blogger e said...

Good for you!Compared to a shower date, my meditative sea is just too tame.

6:12 PM  
Blogger media concepts said...

I once had a very long shower date after landing in Bermuda, only to find out afterward that the place was undergoing a massive drought. Oops. Still, that's better than the times I had a cast on my leg and had to cover the leg with a Hefty garbage bag and hang it outside the shower.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

whoa ho ho! She's workin' that broken hip! Good times!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Just what the doctor ordered, indeed. Sounds like a fabulous way to get clean.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home