Wednesday, May 13, 2009

In the Pink



This is a crazy busy day, but I wouldn’t want to give up anything I’m doing. I much prefer being busy to not having anything on the horizon.

This morning I went to yoga at Temple Micah, a class I recently organized so I could continue practicing with my new teacher Sally, who was so helpful during my recuperation.

Then I played duets with someone from my choir and yoga class. We played a variety of Corelli duets for piano and violin. His dog was our only audience, so we could start over as many times as we wanted to and no one cared. We played the movements marked Adagio and Grave as we're not quite up to Allegro and Vivace yet.

I’m off to pick up the CSA delivery and then take half to my friend with whom I share a membership.

Then at 4:30 we leave with friends for Annapolis, where we will have dinner and then enjoy an evening of music from Vienna Teng:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsQ6vy9PB08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J94L5JvJNjU

I am sure I will fall into bed exhausted but content.

Meanwhile I’m enjoying the full force of my favorite azaleas which are dripping with pink blossoms.

8 Comments:

Blogger Steve Reed said...

I was just telling someone at lunch that it's better to have too much to do than too little. It's true, you know?

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially when they're things you LIKE to do! :-)

F.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

What a delicious sort of exhaustion.

9:10 AM  
Blogger bulletholes said...

I'm crazy about Azaleas.....yours are on fire!

10:23 AM  
Blogger bozoette said...

Azaleas are my favorite! Yours are beautiful.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Waterbaby said...

I love the sound of a piano violin duet, it is lovely.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Too busy is always better than too unbusy. Your azaleas are gorgeous!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Merle Sneed said...

I've nothing to add to what has been said. Enjoy your evening.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home